One Day workshop on Advancing Excellence in Anti-Terrorism Courts was organized by Punjab Judicial Academy with Collaboration of Lahore High Court, Lahore and British High Commission on Sunday, 28th April, 2019.
- To identify issues and challenges being faced by the ATC Judges in protection of witness.
- To find solutions and to formulate concrete proposals and recommendation for enhanced performance in ATCs.
Introduction and objectives of workshop is delivered by representative of British High Commission.
The Chief Guest of the opening ceremony was Hon’ble Chief Justice Lahore High Court Lahore Mr. Sardar Muhammad Shamim Khan.
Welcome address delivered by Director General PJA Mr. Nazir Ahmad Gajana. Opening remarks was delivered by Mr. Justice Qasim Ali Shah Incharge ATC courts, Judge Lahore High Court Lahore.
The workshop was divided into three groups on following topics:
- Implementation of Punjab Witness Protection Act.
- Challenges in Procedures & Practices in ATC.
- Role of Stake Holders in improved performance of ATC.
The groups were presided by the Hon’ble Judges of the Lahore High Court Lahore. Hon’ble Mr. Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan, Mr. Justice Amin-ud-Din Khan, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Asjad Ghural were the panelists in the session of Reforms / Improvements and Challenges in Anti-Terrorism Courts.
For Pictures Click Here